BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Goodbye Writing 10, It's been fun

The type of writing that I found most challenging was the persuasive because I have a really hard time staying on track and not getting carried away. When I write a persuasive piece I often find myself forgetting which side I am on. The writing I found the easiest was the ones where we had to choose a picture and make up a story for it. I thought it was quit simple to make up a story of your own instead of having rules and a formation to follow.
My favorite story was Imprisoned Emotions, this story was one of the first that I wrote but it gives a very sad and deep feeling and I like it a lot. I had to follow certain steps however I found it simple and I enjoyable to write. The writing assignment I wish that I could do over would be my Christmas story, I thought I could have done a better job at it and made it more creative and funny.
During the course we definitely did a lot a peer assessments, I found them pretty helpful most of the time but sometimes the person didn't write anything I could improve on which was kind of useless. I like assessing other peoples work because it gives me a reason and a chance to read their stories and what they have to say. I like assessing the opinion ones the best because I get to hear what they have to say.
Throughout the writing semester I find that my weakness has been getting ideas on to paper, i still have the difficulty but it is definitely not as bad as it use to be. I have a better understanding of what I want to say and how I want to say it.
The three most enjoyable activities I did was the two movie reviews and the story about the kids adventures. I liked writing the movie reviews because I got to state my opinion and how I felt about the movie, good or bad. Also i liked going online and researching what others had to say about that movie also. I enjoyed the kids adventure story because it was just very interesting to write, making up stories on why the kid was there and stuff.
The three activities I didn't really enjoy writing would have to be the video reviews, time capsule and life as a mosquito. I didn't enjoy the video reviews because I never really knew how to do it and what questions to answer about the video, also I didn't know what I wanted to put in the time capsule which made it a little more difficult and longer to do. Life as a mosquito was a easy assignment but at the same time I have no idea what its like to be a mosquito so it was a littler challenging.
I really enjoyed writing class this year especially the times we got to make videos with groups and i really liked working on The Blackville Talon. I also like the fact that I don't have to write an exam on it next week.

0 comments: