BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, February 19, 2010

Imprisoned Emotions~


I sit by the window watching the rain hit the glass with a sort of "pluck" sound. It's been a year, yet I still haven't forgotten. I still hear your laugh when I watch reruns of Friends, I sleep with your picture beside me hoping it will bring sweet dreams, though it never does. I dream about the life we could of had together, and I sometimes wonder if there was anything I could of done to save you, to save us.

It's coming on the beginning of April now , and the sweet spring breeze is all I feel walking through the city park, alone. I finally pursued my dream of being a photographer, every other day I am at the park taking family photos, or wedding photos, sometimes even dog portraits. All I can think of when I see the new happy couple smile, is the night you proposed to me, at the beach downtown two summers ago. It was cold and wet and the ring didn't quite fit my slim finger, but it was still perfect, because I knew I could be with you forever.

Some days I feel like I should just give up, I don't get out much anymore. My friends know better than to call, they know I will not answer. I just lay in my bed wondering what your up to up there in the sky, if maybe someday we will meet again, or if that cold spring fight was the last time I would ever hear your voice. When i do leave the house it's usually just to the city park, it's peaceful there, it almost sooths my torn heart from agony. I know that I should at least try to find another, but I don't think I will ever have feelings for someone as strong as my feelings were for you. The night we met, when I looked into your chocolate brown eyes, nothing else mattered.

My job is to capture the happy moments of others, they always ask the same questions, " Do you have a family?" " Are you married?" even the most common "How are you?" makes me quiver. It's true what they say, you don't know what you got till it's gone, I am an example of that. Every second of everyday I regret the hatred in my voice that night you sped off into the moonlight. I regret running away from our problems instead of trying to sort them out, or freezing when Isaw your beaten and broken body law on the ground from the accident.

0 comments: